Cr etch 200
Cr etch 200 is an alkaline etchant for Cr. The etchant is used for the wet-chemical patterning or removal of thin Cr layers with selectivity to metals like Au, Pt, Cu, Ni, Ti, Ta. Common areas of use are for semiconductor fabrication or microsystem technology, e.g. for the removal or patterning of a Cr barrier or adhesion layer in a plating seed stack.
- Low undercut (in the range of the layer thickness), minimum feature size < 1μm
- Selectivity to many materials, e.g. common metals used in electroplating industry
- Available in different purity grades
- Compatible to resist masking
- Use at room temperature
Cr etch 200 is compatible/etches selective to following materials:
- Resists: common Novolak as masking resist (e.g. AZ® Photoresist)
- Metals: no attack on Au, Pt, Cu, Ni, Ti, Ta; TiW with limitations
- Semiconductor materials: Si, SiO2, Si3N4
(further information an request)
Under normal condition, the etching rate is around 12 to 15nm/min (at RT). A sputtered 30nm Cr layer is etched in about 150 seconds. The mixed etching solution is stable over time and can be used multiple times depending on the requirements of application. It is recommended to dispose the solution at the latest, when the etching rate has changed by 20%.
Technical Data Sheet:
For further information please refer to the technical data sheet:
> CR etch 200 (TDS)
Lithography Application Notes
Our list of application notes with litho-related theoretical and technical background on all stages of micro-structuring can be downloaded from here:
> application notes
Sales Volumes, Purity Grade and Shipping
Available Sales Units:
- Bottles á 5 L or 1 L
Our typical lead time is 1-3 working days within Germany, lead times to other countries on request. On demand, in urgent cases our etchants can be shipped within 24 hours to a destination inside Germany.
Please send us your request.
phone: +49 (0)731 977 343 0
fax: +49 (0)731 977 343 29