AZ® 125 nXT - Ultra-Thick Negative Resist for Plating
- 30 - 100 µm resist film thickness via single-coating
- Up to 1 mm resist film thickness possible
- Aqueous alkaline developers (e. g. AZ® 326/726/826 MIF)
- No post exposure bake, photo-polymerization during exposure
- No rehydration required, no N2-formation during exposure
- Very good adhesion, no underplating
- Wet stripping processes (e. g. TechniStrip P1316)
- Optimized for electroplating, wet- and dry etching
- 100 ml, 250 ml, 1000 ml and 3.78 L sales units
AZ® 125 nXT is a cross-linking negative resist for resist film thicknesses up to 100 µm with standard parameters, and even more (1 mm resist film thickness realized!) with very steep sidewalls. The high stability and superior adhesion make the AZ® 125 nXT well suited for mostelectroplating applications where very thick films are required. This resist requires neither a post exposure bake nor any delays between the process steps (such as a rehydration step, or a delay for outgassing after exposure).
We recommend the TMAH-based, ready-to-use AZ® 326, 726 or 826 MIF developers (technical details here).
The recommended stripper for the AZ 125 nXT is the NMP-free, untoxic TechniStrip P1316, which is compatible with all common (even alkaline sensitive) substrate materials. Solvents such as NMP or the untoxic substitute DMSO are suited removers, if the resist film thickness and degree of crosslinking are not too high. Generally, heating the removers up to 60 - 80°C, or/and ultrasonic treatment, might be required to fasten theresist removal in the case of very thick resist films.
Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
Lithography Application Notes
Our list of application notes with litho-related theoretical and technical background on all stages of micro-structuring can be downloaded from here: application notes.