AZ® 40 XT
Outstanding Properties of AZ 40 XT
- 15 - 100 µm resist film thickness via single-coating
- Aqueous alkaline developers (e. g. AZ® 326/726/826 MIF)
- No rehydration required, no N2-formation during exposure
- Very good adhesion, very steep resist sidewalls
- Can be stripped wet- and dry-chemically
- Optimized for electroplating, wet- and dry etching
- 100 ml, 250 ml, 1000 ml and 3.78 L sales units
AZ® 40 XT is a chemically amplified ultrathick positive resist. The field of application of the AZ 40 XT starts at 15 - 30 µm, where litho-processes with conventional positive resists become very time-consuming due to increasing delays for rehydraion of N2-outgassing, both not required for the AZ 40 XT.
Even for very high resist film thicknesses, AZ 40 XT requires only short softbake times, no delay for rehydration, very small exposure doses due to its chemical amplification, and shows a high development rate. Therefore, processing of the AZ 40 XT goes much faster as compared to conventional thick resists.
Two points have to be considered when starting with the AZ 40 XT:
- The maximum softbake temperature must not be applied abruptly, in order prevent the formation of bubbles in the resist film. We recommend eirger the usage of a proximity hotplate, or a temperature ramp on a contact hotplate.
- For the AZ 40 XT, a post exposure bake is obligatory in order to complete the photoreaction and make the resit developable.
Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
For further information please refer to the technical data sheet of the AZ 40 XT: TDS_AZ_40XT
Lithography Application Notes
Our list of application notes with litho-related theoretical and technical background on all stages of micro-structuring can be downloaded from here: application notes.