Cr etch 210
Cr-etch-210 is an alkaline etchant for Cr. The etchant is used for the wet-chemical patterning or removal of thin Cr layers with selectivity to metals like Au, Sn, Pt, Cu, Ni, Ti, Ta. Common areas of use are for semiconductor fabrication or microsystem technology, e.g. for the removal or patterning of a Cr barrier or adhesion layer in a plating seed stack.
- Low undercut (in the range of the layer thickness), minimum feature size < 1μm
- Selectivity to many materials, e.g. common metals used in electroplating industry
- Available in different purity grades
- Compatible to resist mask
- Use at room temperature
- Increase of the etching rate by increased temperature up to 40 °C
Cr etch 210 is compatible/etches selective to following materials:
- Resists: common Novolak as masking resist (e.g. AZ® Photoresist)
- Metals: no attack on Au, Sn, Pt, Cu, Ni, Ti, Ta; TiW with limitations
- Semiconductor materials: Si, SiO2, Si3N4 (further information on request)
Under normal condition, the etching rate is around 10 to 15nm/min at 40 °C (accordingly lower at room temperature).
A sputtered 30nm Cr layer is etched in about 180 seconds. The mixed etching solution is stable over time and can be used multiple times depending on the requirements of application. It is recommended to dispose the solution at the latest, when the etching rate has changed by 20%.
Technical Data Sheet:
Sales Volumes, Purity Grade and Shipping
Available Sales Units:
- Bottles á 5 L or 1 L
Our typical lead time is 1-3 working days within Germany, lead times to other countries on request. On demand, in urgent cases our etchants can be shipped within 24 hours to a destination inside Germany.
Please send us your request.
phone: +49 (0)731 977 343 0
fax: +49 (0)731 977 343 29