Cu etch 200 UBM
Cu etch 200 UBM is a slightly alkaline etchant for Cu and is used for the wet-chemical removal of Cu seedlayers with selectivity to metals like Ni, Au, Cr, Sn, Ti. Common areas of use are for semiconductor fabrication or microsystem technology especially for the removal of seedlayers after the plating of under-bump-metallization (UBM).
- Selectivity to many materials, e.g. common metals used in electroplating industry
- Very small dimension lost
- Available in different purity grades
- Compatible to resist masking
- Usage at room temperature
Cu-etch-200 UBM is compatible/etches selective to following materials:
- Resists: common Novolak as masking resist (e.g. AZ® Photoresist)
- Metals: no attack on Cr, Au, Pt, Sn, Ni, Ti, Ta; Ag, Au will be slowly attacked
- Semiconductor materials: Si, SiO2, Si3N4
(further information an request)
Under normal condition, the etching rate is around 200 to 250nm/min (at RT). The mixed etching solution is not stable over time (mixture of two components), but can be used multiple times depending on the requirements of application. It is recommended to dispose the solution at the latest, when the etching rate has changed by 20%.
Technical Data Sheet:
For further information please refer to the technical data sheet:
> CU etch 200 UBM (TDS)
Lithography Application Notes
Our list of application notes with litho-related theoretical and technical background on all stages of micro-structuring can be downloaded from here:
> application notes
Sales Volumes, Purity Grade and Shipping
Available Sales Units:
- Bottles á 5 L or 1 L
Our typical lead time is 1-3 working days within Germany, lead times to other countries on request. On demand, in urgent cases our etchants can be shipped within 24 hours to a destination inside Germany.
Please send us your request.
phone: +49 (0)731 977 343 0
fax: +49 (0)731 977 343 29