TiW etch 200
TiW etch 200 is applied as etchant for titanium-for the wet-chemical patterning of TiWlayers with selectivity to metals like Au, Pt, Ni, Cr. Usual applications are found in the semiconductor or microsystem technology field for etching adhesion layers or diffusion barriers.
- Low undercut (in the range of the layer thickness), minimum feature size < 1μm
- Selectivity to many materials, e.g. common metals used in electroplating industry
- Compatible to resist masking
TiW-etch-200 is compatible/etches selective to following materials:
- Resists: common Novolak as masking resist (e.g. AZ® Photoresist)
- Metals: no attack on Au, Cr, Ni; Cu is attacked
- Semiconductor materials: Si, SiO2, Si3N4
(further information on request)
Under normal condition, the etching rate is around 5nm/min (at room temperature). The mixed etching solution is stable over time and can be used multiple times depending on the requirements of application. It is recommended to dispose the solution at the latest, when the etching rate has changed by 20%.
Technical Data Sheet:
Lithography Application Notes
Our list of application notes with litho-related theoretical and technical background on all stages of micro-structuring can be downloaded from here:
> application notes
Sales Volumes, Purity Grade and Shipping
Available Sales Units:
- Bottles á 5 L or 1 L
Our typical lead time is 1-3 working days within Germany, lead times to other countries on request. On demand, in urgent cases our etchants can be shipped within 24 hours to a destination inside Germany.
Please send us your request.
phone: +49 (0)731 977 343 0
fax: +49 (0)731 977 343 29