AZ® 40 XT
Chemically Amplified Thick Photoresist
AZ® 40 XT is a chemically amplified ultrathick positive resist. The field of application of the AZ® 40 XT starts at 15 - 30 µm, where litho-processes with conventional positive resists become very time-consuming due to increasing delays for rehydraion of N2-outgassing, both not required for the AZ® 40 XT.
Even for very high resist film thicknesses, AZ® 40 XT requires only short softbake times, no delay for rehydration, very small exposure doses due to its chemical amplification, and shows a high development rate. Therefore, processing of the AZ® 40 XT goes much faster as compared to conventional thick resists.
Two points have to be considered when starting with the AZ® 40 XT:
- The maximum softbake temperature must not be applied abruptly, in order prevent the formation of bubbles in the resist film. We recommend eirger the usage of a proximity hotplate, or a temperature ramp on a contact hotplate.
- For the AZ® 40 XT, a post exposure bake is obligatory in order to complete the photoreaction and make the resit developable.
Sales volumes: 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 1000 ml, 2,5 L and 3,78 L bottles
Outstanding Properties of AZ® 40 XT
- 15 - 100 µm resist film thickness via single-coating
- Aqueous alkaline developers (e. g. AZ® 326/726/826 MIF)
- No rehydration required, no N2-formation during exposure
- Very good adhesion, very steep resist sidewalls
- Can be stripped wet- and dry-chemically
- Optimized for electroplating, wet- and dry etching
Technical Data Sheet:
For further information please refer to the Technical Datasheet:
> AZ 40XT (TDS)